Sunday 25 August 2013

Showcase Sunday #31


Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week:

It's Bout of Books 8 week! Have you been joining in? Bout of Books is a really fun read-a-thon, where a bunch of bloggers and readers challenge themselves to read as much as possible in a week, and to enter mini-challenges and chat on Twitter too. I've been having a blast!


So, as well as doing a lot of reading, I've also been watching a whole series of True Blood in a week, as I got it out from my library. This is the first time I've borrowed a box set from the library, and I didn't realise how intense it would be to try to watch an entire series in a week. Still, it's been fun! :-) Can't wait to see what else they have.

I've also got a GIVEAWAY going at the moment, so check it out here!


Last Week's Posts:

Book Review - Pantomime, by Laura Lam (Fantasy Faction)

Giveaway and Guest Post - Colin F Barnes tells us his Top Five Techno Thrillers, and you can win a copy of Artificial Evil.

Bout of Books Updates and Mini-Challenges


New Goodies:

Audiobook:


Retribution Falls, by Chris Wooding


For Review:


All is Fair, by Emma Newman


Ebooks:


Shift, by Kim Curran
Katya's World, by Jonathan L Howard
(Strange Chemistry is currently offering some
of their titles for 99p/$1.99 as part of their
birthday celebrations!)


And something I forgot to put on last week's post...
 

A bookmark from the Robin Hood Festival! :-D




11 comments:

  1. Haha, that's why I've never borrowed a box set from the library yet! In fact, I think for new ones you only get THREE DAYS, which is nigh on impossible without some time off. It'd be kinda fun to try though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about checking my library for the True Blood seasons. Must do that. ;) Enjoy your new books.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every summer a friend and I get together for a True Blood Marathon. We usually watch the whole season in three days. It is a very intense experience that leaves us longing for the next season and planning our next summer get together. Glad you are doing well with the Bout of Books readathon too. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books are new to me, but I hope you enjoy them!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool haul. Enjoy your new reads :)

    Happy Sunday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul of books. I see lots of books that I want in your haul this week. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have Retribution Falls in print here waiting for me. Hope you enjoy all your new additions and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost got Shift this week! I might get it if it's still on sale.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard about any of these books but please have fun reading them. :D

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Shift! I've heard great things about that one :) Hope you enjoy it and hope you had loads of fun during Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I LOVE the Robin Hood bookmark. And All is Fair has a gorgeous cover and Shift sounds amazing :)

    Second, I've nominated you to a Liebster Award ^_^ Hope you don't mind :)

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete