Wednesday 9 January 2013

Bout of Books - Wednesday's Mini-Challenge


Today's mini-challenge is being hosted at Booking In Heels. The challenge is to turn to page 48 of the book you're reading (or 48% if using a reader, which I am), and find the first full sentence. Then carry on the story with four new sentences of your own, taking it in a completely different direction from the actual book.


I'm currently reading The Red Knight by K. T. Davies, and here's my 48% sentence:

"I'll wager you aren't feeling cocky now, are you, Captain Stenna?"

And here's my continuation, which is very different from the actual story!

"I'll wager you aren't feeling cocky now, are you, Captain Stenna?"
Captain Stenna sucked in a deep breath and surveyed the wreckage before her. She was so close to losing everything, but what she needed lay bent and discarded in a pile before her, only a hand's reach away. As her opponent made her next move, Captain Stenna felt every muscle in her body tense, alert and ready to react.
"Snap!" she shouted, and slammed her hand down on the leaning tower of cards. 


Thanks Hanna for a fun challenge! Looking forward to seeing what others come up with for their books.


10 comments:

  1. Hahahaha that was great, totally misleading :D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both the original line and what you did with it. Nice little micro-fic, almost (I don't remember the actual definition for a micro, but it seems like one!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Brilliant! I love what you did there! :D Thanks for coming Alove4Lit yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made it about card games! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I like your final sentence -- definitely unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great continuation, made me chuckle! Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha, I had fun reading your challenge response. Really innovative. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! :-D Loving everyone else's responses to this challenge too - it's been a really fun one!

    ReplyDelete