Saturday 8 September 2012

Updates - My Week in Woolly Retro Goodies, Needles and Milestones


I've been a bit quiet on here and on Twitter this week; things are a little crazy! A sudden opportunity has come up to go to India with my mother, so I've been racing about like a mad thing trying to get passport and visa sorted out, and getting far too many needles poked in both arms. The injection count is up to 8 different diseases and viruses at the moment - my body is extremely unimpressed with me.

In other news, I now have a Kindle, and so I will be able to accept books in Mobi as well as Epub formats to review! It currently has 158 Tor ebooks loaded on it, but I can't say that I haven't already been browsing through the Kindle store, wondering what my first purchased ebook will be... I think I'm leaning towards a short story collection from an indie publisher. Any recommendations?


This week has also included my husband's and my first anniversary - married for a year already! One year, a new city, new job, new flat and far too many bookshelves later... I can't believe how quickly the year's gone. Hope all the future years continue to be just as happy! :-)

And, to round off a packed week, my parents came to stay last night, bringing various woolly goodies crocheted by my mum. Meet woolly Pikachu, Squirtle, pokeball, and Mario. Yes, it's been that kind of week! Crazy but fun. Aren't they wonderful? If you want to have a go at making these yourself, the patterns can be found at this fantastic website, along with many more ideas.


Reviews coming up on the blog soon...


Ante's Inferno, by Griselda Heppel

Sharps, by K. J. Parker


The Case of the Deadly Desperados, by Caroline Lawrence

Prince of Persia (movie)





No comments:

Post a Comment